Tout Uncommon Search

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Honey

Honey
Honey has been known since to be an antibacterial since the time of Imhotep. (You remember that guy from history that built the first pyramid in Egypt, right)? Imhotep was well ahead of his time, mending broken bones with splints and bandages. But one very effective use was Honey to clean fresh wounds. Honey is antibacterial. If you don't believe me, ask yourself when was the last time you saw honey go bad? I believe it to be anti-fungal as well, but this is based solely on my observations of never having seen honey go moldy (and I live in a very humid environment).

Using honey on a fresh wound can clean the wound of any unfriendly visitors into the body and also acts to seal the wound. Of course, it isn't any fun getting it out of arm or leg hair, so be careful if and when you do apply it.

If you would like to read more about Imhotep or know more about the medicinal scrolls please look up the Edwin Smith papyri.

Warning:
If the wound is getting worse see a doctor immediately!


   

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great! It look pretty and sweet I love it so much…..

Cheers,
http://black-eyed-peas-team.blogspot.com

ahmad danial said...

Hi rcamp,
I just found your blog and suddenly really did not feel alone….
Full of good information and resources.

Cheers,
Interventions for adhd

Anonymous said...

I use manuka honey for lung problems and if I dont feel well.
http//myhealth-your-health.blogspot.com

rcamp said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad you find the site useful and enjoyable!

Sorry about not posting for such a long time. I had some issues I needed to take care. You can read a bit about that in my 2 newest posts.

Hope to see you all on the site commenting again!